NO PAVILION RESERVATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED THROUGH APRIL 30
AS OF MARCH 20, PAVILIONS AT THE MONTOUR PRESERVE REMAIN OPEN FOR PUBLIC USE
HOWEVER, ALL RESTROOM FACILITIES ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
MARC cautions visitors to take all sensible safety precautions when using pavilions. Per the most recent guidance from health officials, gatherings of more than ten people are to be avoided. Additionally, MARC cannot reliably disinfect the picnic tables and other surfaces in the pavilions. For those who might be concerned, to avoid contact with picnic tables, MARC encourages picnickers and others to bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs to place on nearby lawns.
Those who have already made pavilion reservations and wish to cancel can do so with a full refund.
Please contact Bob Stoudt, MARC Director, at support@MontourPreserve.org to request a refund.
The Montour Area Recreation Commission (MARC) is now accepting reservations for the 2020 season.
Montour Preserve pavilion amenities include:
- Charcoal grills (bring charcoal & supplies)
- Electrical outlets (number varies by pavilion)
- Nearby restrooms
- Swing sets
- Horseshoe pits (bring horseshoes)
- Drinking water
- Trash cans
- Nearby open fields for play
- Sandboxes with diggers (near GC1 and HCB)
- Nearby fishing pier (HCB)
- Nearby boat ramp (HCA & HCB)
- Additional picnic tables are available nearby
PAVILION SEATING CAPACITY / RENTAL RATES
The pavilion seating capacity and rental rates are as follows:
PAVILION / PRESERVE RULES
Because many people visit and enjoy the Montour Preserve throughout the year, we ask for your help in keeping the preserve a safe and beautiful natural recreation area. For your safety, the safety of others and the protection of the preserve’s resources, we ask that you adhere to the following rules while visiting the preserve:
- Leave all pets at home; dogs (except service dogs) are not allowed
- Alcoholic beverages, narcotics and firearms are prohibited
- Do not move picnic tables
- Vehicles must be parked on paved surfaces in designated spots
- Do not swim in the lake, ponds or streams
- Boating in Lake Chillisquaque is prohibited from March 15 – April 30
- Boating in the Goose Cove refuge area is prohibited year-round
- Gasoline engines may not be used on the lake; electric motors are allowed
- Visitors must obtain a permit from MARC before entering the wildlife refuge and observation blinds
- Fishing is allowed in Lake Chillisquaque, but not in preserve ponds or streams
- Preserve hours are dawn to dark
- Hunting and trapping are not allowed in the preserve
- Collecting of plants, animals and other natural resources is not allowed except in the Fossil Pit
- Open fires are not allowed except in charcoal grills or gas grills
- Radios and other sources of noise must be kept at a level that will not disturb other preserve visitors
- Camping is not allowed in the preserve
Existing pavilion reservations are shown on the calendar below. Please refer to the table and map above for pavilion name abbreviations.
MARC will fully refund any pavilion reservation cancelled at least thirty (30) days before the date of the reservation. MARC may, at its discretion, partially refund any pavilion reservation cancelled between twenty-nine (29) and fifteen (15) days before the date of the reservation. No refunds will be made for reservations cancelled less than fifteen (15) days before the date of the reservation.
MARC will not refund pavilion reservation fees because of bad weather. However, in the event MARC must close the Montour Preserve because of flooding or other severe weather-related problems, MARC will fully refund any pavilion reservations which must be cancelled.
Note: all trash cans have been removed from the Montour Preserve to prevent wildlife conflicts. Please place all trash generated during your visit into the bear-resistant dumpsters, located near the restroom buildings in each picnic area.
TO MAKE A RESERVATION
To make a reservation, please do the following:
1. Refer to the calendar above to find a date/time that is available. Remember, all existing reservations are shown here; please make sure the specific pavilion you want to reserve is open. Please note: because of an increase in unpaid reservations, as of 7/1/19, no reservations will be accepted less than ten days before the desired reservation date.
2. Contact MARC at Support@MontourPreserve.org to schedule your reservation. Your reservation will be added to the calendar as ‘tentative’.
3. Complete Page 5 of the Montour Preserve pavilion reservation form and mail it, with a check for the required fees, to MARC within ten days. If your form and fees are not received by MARC within that time, your reservation may be removed and the date made available to others.